About Me

My photo
Mama of 3 beautiful, loving, compassionate girls. Wife to an awesome man. Granddaughter, daughter, sister, auntie, friend. My journey to living a cleaner, gmo free, much more "natural" life. Mother Nature is my religion. From a sheep in the herd, to a free thinking mama of three girls! I will share info here that I find interesting about pregnancy, birth, babies, breastfeeding, kids, food, beauty & style! "When you learn, teach"- M.Angelou

Sunday, February 6, 2011

If you need to cry, go outside.

“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” Gore Vidal

Fashion comes after style. I think, to be stylish is one thing, to be fashionable is another. Style is eternal, but fashion fades.


Women who are NOT stylish:
  •  Bitches. You can be in the most expensive Chanel tweed jacket, with your long pearls hanging, but if you are a bitch-keep walking sister. Get you nose out of the air! Who do you think you are?! I can't stand women who look down on others...who can't smile for the life of them. I want to knock their lights out... (***violence is not the answer, I know.) Seriously though- we all know a few, who think they are better than everyone else...who sneer at others, and try to make them feel like less of a person, in hopes that it will make themselves look or feel better. Guess what honey? You look like an idiot, and no one likes you. How stylish is having no friends? Not at all.
  • Cry babies.  "Crying over what's gone won't find the present."-Edwin Louis Cole. People who complain, and cry about everything is NOT attractive, nor is it stylish. I can be quite the drama queen sometimes, and yes, I am sensitive...(why so hard to believe?) but sometimes, you need to just SHUT UP. It's not all about you. What you are going through may not be as bad as the person sitting next to you. Obviously, what you may be experiencing could be HORRIFIC. And in that case, you need to cry. Crying can be very healing. What I have a problem with, is when someone who is going through something, that in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter a whole lot- the bigger picture of LIFE...let's say...for example- their cat dying, (I know...you loved your cat. I'm sorry for your loss.) they go insane. They plaster it all over facebook- they text everyone they know that their life is now over, and what is the point of going on. Are you fucking kidding me? Mourn it. Talk with a friend, if that helps you move on. But MOVE ON. It was a cat. Or a boyfriend. Whatever.
"Leave Britney alone!!!"
  •  Insecure people. We all have insecurities. I have daily battles with mine. It's life. But at some point, you have to move past what you don't like (or hate) about yourself, and focus on what you love. There HAS to be something you love. Look at your slender, long fingers- damn girl, you could be a hand model!!! (did the link work?) Find something to be confident about. NOT BITCHY, confident. Hold you head high-not your nose in the air. Slap a smile on your face, and shake your tail feathers. Here's a test for you...everywhere you go today, or tomorrow- can you smile at EVERY person you come across? Every person. Can you? Try it...consciously think about smiling at people as you go through your day....and maybe buy the person behind you in the drive thru at Tim Horton's their coffee...that $2 will make their day.

    I think I need some Vitamin D and a coffee...this was a grumpy post. But c'mon. Always looking at the dark side of life, and having the "poor me"'s" will get you nowhere. I promise you that. And after awhile, people will have no compassion for you, because every day you are complaining about how horrible your life is.....or making fun of everyone else....or hiding in a corner, because you don't like your nose, or some superficial stupid thing, that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Every day is a gift...and if you are wasting days crying over spilled milk and being single, I will tell you how it is. Don't come to me for advice if you don't really want it. If you're looking for someone to boo hoo with you, and tell you how great you are, and how horrible everyone else is...keep movin'- I am not that person. I WILL, however, tell wonderful people how wonderful they are.


    I will try to focus on the fashionable side of style next time...maybe make it a lil funny?
    Whatever, take it or leave it.


    Grumpily yours,
    Rach
    xoxo

    "Congratulations!
    Today is your day.
    You're off to Great Places!
    You're off and away!

    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself
    any direction you choose.
    You're on your own. And you know what you know.
    And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."

    -Oh the places you'll go, by Dr.Suess

    No comments:

    Post a Comment