About Me

My photo
Mama of 3 beautiful, loving, compassionate girls. Wife to an awesome man. Granddaughter, daughter, sister, auntie, friend. My journey to living a cleaner, gmo free, much more "natural" life. Mother Nature is my religion. From a sheep in the herd, to a free thinking mama of three girls! I will share info here that I find interesting about pregnancy, birth, babies, breastfeeding, kids, food, beauty & style! "When you learn, teach"- M.Angelou

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let's talk...

Ok, I have to say this. I've been seeing it everywhere, and it just isn't working. If you are wearing DARK pants/jeans/leggings/tights, ect...please consider wearing dark boots. Wearing Black tights and Camel Uggs-for example-is not a good thing. Why? It cuts your leg off where the boot starts. If you continue the colour all the way through, you're legs will look longer, and leaner. This is a very good thing. Same goes for dark boots and light pants combo....don't believe me? I'm sure some people won't, because I see women everywhere wearing dark & light combos.







Stand in front of a full length mirror with black tights on. Put one black boot on, and a light boot on the other foot. Which leg looks longer? (You're welcome.)

 Speaking of Uggs....I just want to throw this out there...Uggs + Cut off denim shorts=not good...not good at all. People will make fun of you. I'm saying this out of love...just so we're all on the same page.

Something to wear: Black tights, under black shorts. Hot, hot trend.
Wanna go further? Try a detailed tight, under solid black shorts:
Wanna go a step even further? Try it with faux leather shorts....keep in mind that finding faux leather, is not an easy task....you have to be careful...you don't want to look like you just got off work at a shady bar...

Another cute look? Denim shorts in place of the black short. Try a blazer on top:
(Notice the BLACK boots with the black tights.).........Please do not wear UGGS with this look.

Ok, it sounds like I hate UGGS...but I don't. I love them. They are so warm, and sooo comfy. But they are not fashionable. That doesn't stop me from wearing them. I think they are cute. I wear them with Jeans. Of a similar colour if my jeans are tucked into them.

Hmmm...what else should we talk about? Ooooooh-let's chat about:
ANIMAL PRINT!

I love animal print. I find leopard easy to wear with my skin tone. Olive, gold tones can opt for Cheetah or leopard. Fair skin can tend to pull of Zebra...

When wearing animal print. Wear ONE piece at a time. NEVER wear a Cheetah print dress with matching animal print shoes, hat, belt, ect. BLAH! It can be fabulous, but it can also be horrific.

Fabulous:

Horrific:
And of course....these are a no-no in my book.

As with anything. It's about your personal style, and your confidence. These are just my opinions. If you feel great when your in a print head to toe-then go for it. :)

What goes great with Animal print? SOLID colours, and a smile.

(PS- my husband bought TWO pairs of William Rast Jeans yesterday.
 Ok, so they were on sale, and it was a gift card...but this is HUGE! If you know my husband....this is shocking news.
I've been saying for YEARS that quality denim is the way to go, and he would call me crazy. "I would NEVER spend that much money on jeans. NEVER."
WELL....I now get to say "I told you so!" He loves them. And he bought them YESTERDAY. I didn't know for sure if the demin thing would be the same for males as it is females....but, I guess they deserve to feel good about their butts too. :)

I hope you all had a very Merry, trendy Christmas-and a FABULOUS New Year.
Are you going out tomorrow night for NYE? What are you wearing? I'm wearing a LBD.(little black dress)
Everyone has one, and they are easy to change. Dress it up with new Jewelry:


Deco Drop Earrings, and Metropolitan Mixed Chain necklace by Independent Stella & Dot Stylist Rachael Johnson. www.stelladot.com/rjohnson

No comments:

Post a Comment